Monday, August 31, 2009
Nascar
What a great way to round out the summer.Sitting in lawn chairs on the grass with the family, cooler of food and drink, and 700 horse power cars flying by at jet like volumes. Friendly atmosphere and decent weather . Awesome!!No sooner had the kids finished asking if any jets will fly over , we get to see two F18's put a show on for us.$40 a ticket ...money well spent . It looked like everyone was having the same amount of fun in the expensive stands...although there was no way they were as comfortable as we were ..sprawled out barefoot in beach chairs.Cant wait for next year but what would a blog be without a complaint.
No complaints at all about the race... no sir.
I log onto the web site the day of the race to get tickets and all I get is an error message.I try a few times and then figure I will try clicking "French" and see what happens. Sure as shit..I get on.Well I'm pissed and turn the damn thing off ! Out of principal I am not buying off this discriminating site. In retrospect it could be the English part of the web site was too busy , but then it does not make for a funny story.So we drive in from the West Island to Namur metro Ok great... the kids are excited to even take the metro and did not complain about each having to carry a beach chair .We get down into the bowels of our fine transit system and there is an announcement "mfffmrrumffruummmmrrrumm !!! What?? Then I listen a little more carefully and this time I can only make out some words in French, then again.... same thing .So....Since this is coming over the PA it must be important right? Well us Anglos have no idea what the hell was being said . This is real good. Now I know nobody ever pays attention to these things but I guess you have to be privileged to understand the announcements in the Metro. Way to go Montreal !!
All forgotten once we get out of the metro and hear that wonderful sound of powerful cars racing around the track.That is.... until I go buy a beer $5.75 . I give her $10.00She gives me back $0.25 two loonies and a toonie.I give her the $0.25 and feel bad and give her another $0.25 . She just stares back at me . not a thank you..not a word! She is just staring . That little B.... she wanted me to give her one of the loonies and since I didn't give it to her she just stares back at me. I swear I wanted to throw it in her face!!
Well not going to ruin this day, this is my sport and I wait all year for this .I bought more beer but made sure to get served by the nice girl with the smile and a "Merci Beau coup"...Now that's better !!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment